Skip to main content

"Hero" Movie Review

To be torn by truth versus the ultimate good for all is the anguish many of the characters face. I'm sure many of us can relate to this reality.  Vengeance, Truth, Love, Rage, Regret, Peace. A few of the emotions that jump out at you as you take this film in.





This film hits further home than most. Standing on principle, standing for what you believe to be right and true. Being willing to defend it at any cost. In an attempt to not reveal the surprises of this masterpiece, I have intentionally kept this review very broad. Through the visual colors and changing themes, intense fast faced fight sequences, and heavy subject matter, so much can be taken from this foreign Chinese film here in the West. 

Aside from a compelling story line, nearly all senses are activated while experiencing this. I say "experience," because "enjoyment" doesn't seem to capture everything. Somehow this movie encapsulates life in itself. Dialog limited and story carried along stunningly with action sequences, color and tone, musical score with a pristine clear sound during sword play allowing the "cling and clang" of  the metal to drift into your ears. Well balance of fierce anger and quiet contemplation. 

It's an ending that makes you stop and think: Would you go along with the plan or are you already pulled in unaware? We can also learn quickly now to release the anger before we spend the rest of our lives in regret. 

As you watch the ending and contemplate it, please consider what is happening to our country and are we seeing similar tactics being employed? Do you agree with the ultimate end goal? 

Overall, one of my favorite films out there. Don't worry too much about the subtitles, there isn't too much talking. Just enough to move you along and understand. Do pay close attention because there are plot twists and surprises. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

(Perspective) Biblical: God and America's Gift

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 New King James Version 18  Here is what I have seen:  It is  good and fitting  for one  to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it  is  his  [ a ] heritage.  19  As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his  [ b ] heritage and rejoice in his labor—this  is  the gift of God.  20  For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps  him  busy with the joy of his heart. What else really needs to be said? This is why we work. To sit back and enjoy what we've built and accomplished. This is the Gift. Our nation is built on similar principals. It's been said often: "The pursuit of happiness." It's not a new concept, but something easily forgotten. We're over saturated in work, content, media, tra...