Skip to main content

That Girl, Jenna Curacoa on AnchorFM Podcast Episode 14

 First Aired 22September2021 Wednesday

That Girl, Jenna Curacoa's Podcast


"Are You Death Proof?" Podcast Overview

3 Major Talking points: 1. Women's Health Crisis 2. Women's Reality 3. Respect The Men


 Intro: Hello and hope you're doing well whenever you're seeing this, hearing this, or reading this. I'm your host, That Girl, Jenna Curacoa. I go Live on Facebook and Youtube Monday through Saturday 2323 (11:23PM). I'm on Blog Spot, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest 


Segment 1: Women's Health Crisis:  There is a human health crisis hitting our nation. Many are sick. Specifically talking this segment on women's health and bringing attention to high mortality rates within black women and mothers, affecting them more so than other racial demographics. Ultimately, women in general are being butchered by abortion, treated poorly in medical care system. White women have the lowest fertility rates in all states. Birth rates down for everyone.  Need actual support and empowerment for all women. 

Segment 2: Women's Reality: Many women despite being encouraged to be independent and sexually liberated are seeing men still rejecting them. Sad reality is over the course of history, men have exhibited lack of concern for women and poor treatment. Using them as property or dismissing them when they are deemed "unfit" to the man. Discussed the Cover Art From California Educator "The Union Renaissance" with depiction of Rosie the Riveter and Birth of Venus combination.  Many comments relayed lack of diversity in artwork. Another expressed the need for a revolution for women. 

The Film Death Proof is brought up exhibiting female empowerment and the need for women to ban together in support of one another. 

Segment 3: Respect The Men: Despite the negative treatment of women over the course of history, there are good strong protecting men, fathers, and leaders who do care. I mention Don Cherry stating men and women are not equal. Women are above men. He's quoted saying to respect women. We need to respect our men. They have built communities, homes, and advanced technology in order for women to be more liberated. Give credit where it's due. 


Closing: Diversity really is our strength. Men and women of all races and creeds need to ban together now. Hope whenever you're consuming this content you're doing well.



https://www.boston.com/news/health/2021/04/21/maternal-morbidity-and-mortality-new-massachusetts-commission/

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/07/568948782/black-mothers-keep-dying-after-giving-birth-shalon-irvings-story-explains-why

https://centerforhealthjournalism.org/content/america%E2%80%99s-high-maternal-mortality-what-can-be-done

https://www.cta.org/educator/posts/union-renaissance



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...