Skip to main content

TGJC Podcast and Blog Episode 2 "Social Media and the Rising Trend of Cosmetic Surgery

First Aired 22April2022

That Girl Jenna Curacoa Podcast 


"Social Media and the Rising Trend of Cosmetic Surgery" Article 

Intro: Hello and hope you're doing well whenever you're seeing this, hearing this, or reading this. I'm your host, That Girl, Jenna Curacoa.  I'm on Anchor FM, Blog Spot, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Facebook

3 Major Talking Points: 1 Plastic Surgery and Clients bringing in edited photos  2 Body Modifications and the Scriptures  3 Social Media and Depression 


Today's Podcast Overview: 

Imagine time before photos, emails, phones, or even a a time before mirrors

Segment One:   Article by: Michael Reilly, MD, and Keon Parsa, MD

Cosmetic Surgery with clients bringing in edited photos for doctors perform surgery. We are bombarded with shows focusing on plastic surgery. An interesting read: "Stiff The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers which touches on the topic of plastic surgeons working on human cadaver heads. Very important work for emergency reconstructive surgery. 

Segment Two: How does this trend line up with scriptures? Personal Conviction, but ones does need to focus on the Spiritual Mindset. Do you believe you're created in the image of the Father? Are you secure or content in your own skin? Various trends of skin bleaching to, tan injections to become black, tattoos, trans movement, extreme dieting or weightlifting, to wigs and make-up. Catchfising, etc. 

Segment 3: Social Media and Depression:  Aside from depression from being engulfed in perfectionism comes the selfishness, narcissism, and false identities.

Conclusion: Dopamine Fasting, Change perspectives, look into other options, be aware of the negative body image statements around young developing minds. They will pick up on what we focus on which results in early childhood dieting and eating disorders. Teen Trans Activist feels movement has gone too far. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...