Skip to main content

TGJC Moday Well Being prayer Faith and Healing Book Discussion 6June2022


TGJC Podcast and Blog  

Prayer Faith and Healing 3 Major Talking Points 1) Prayer and Fasting 2) Fervent Prayer 3) Prayer For Healing 

Segment One: "Prayer and Fasting" 
Jesus didn't teach much about fasting but did fast and told disciples one reason they could not exorcise a demon was because it required prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29) 

Reasons for fasting: Spiritually empowering, humbling, penance, or physical cleansing.

Ways to Fast: consult a doctor have fruit juices and vegetables plans spend much time praying worshiping avoid telling other people and especially during times when you're feeling angry vulnerable or weak pray.

Segment Two: "Fervent Prayer" James 5:16 a meaning prayer with energy and perseverance. 
Pray with energy, Pray Boldly, Pray and Pray Again, Touch the Father's hearrt.

Sometimes a short heartfelt prayer more effective than long drawn out prayer

Segment Three: "Prayer For Healing" Jesus used His words to heal, cast out demons, He also touched people. commanded healing, and authorized discples to heal (Mark 16: 15-18)

Five methods to pray for healing 1 Express faith Matthew 9:27 - 31. 2 call for elders. 3 confessions to one another Rask for helping hands 5call the doctor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...