Skip to main content

Response to Masa Amini's Death in Iran And Cautions - SCF 24 Sept 2022


Social Causes Friday Youtube
Introduction & 3 Major Talking Points 1 What Led Me To Feminism 2 What Led Me To Traditionalism 3 You've Been Warned

Introduction: 22 year old Iranian woman, Masa Amini, beaten into a coma by morality police and dies from injuries for not being in proper dress code. Nationwide protests have erupted in Iran. "The morality police enforce strict dress rules for women imposed since Iran’s 1979 Islamic revolution."

Part1 What Led me to Feminism-and why it matters: I said I would never date a Navy guy but I did. Young dumb and infatuated. My plan was two year engagement then marriage type. I had already fallen for him when it was revealed he was married to a Russian immigrant who wanted US citizenship. Marriage would have to wait for an extra year. Unplanned pregnancy and a boat debt changed those plans drastically. I had fallen in love with his friends and carefree lifestyle but was not prepared for a baby or admitting it to anyone, and since we were unable to marry, opted for abortion. Immediately, it changed me. I became someone else. Ended up cheating on him, developed self harm habit, drinking, etc. Upon his arrival of course the truth came out. Dated another man, and the pregnancy cycle to abortion repeated itself. By that time, I was on a full blown downward spiral. I went through the phase: You'd give a guy everything he wanted, your whole body, hoping he'd see that since you're giving him your full self that you're down for him completely, willing to do anything for him only to have him not respond. You build up this jaded exterior then start treating them the same. I was now a fully devoted feminist, "My body, my choice. Screw men. They're liars. They use you. Sexually liberated, equal rights and treatment." Fully devoted liberal still drinking, smoking, self harmed, and serial dating. For sake of time, save for the book with more detail, I ended up returning back to my faith. Started talking to another man, and within four months, married him.

Part2 What Led me to The Path of Traditionalism: Worked in So-Cal, got pregnant and began the epiphanies about motherhood. Worked 40 hours a week but discovered I wanted to stay home so we opted to live with family until we could afford to live on our own with one income. We had children back to back. The lifestyle change, hormones, and circumstances of being a stay at home wife and mother changed my thought process. I really began to study the Bible, the patriarch, pagan religions, history, treatment of women; questioning my own feelings and struggles. I at one point hated being female. Why didn't God make only men? I prayed I'd lose my libido. I felt gross in my skin. I was turning back into an angry feminist. Hating God, His design for womanhood and despising men again. Rather than sit in my emotions, I kept studying and listening and learning and began to realize how precious we are as females to God. I fell in love with being feminine and really began to appreciate God's design for man and woman. Became Pro-Life, Pro-Family. Realize the importance of dressing modest and being respectful of men and their needs.

I spent a great deal of time and energy sharing these concepts and newly discovered truths online and became a FB keyboard warrior/stay at home wife and mother. Burned myself out, to literal, "Im going to unalive myself because no one cares." No one was listening. The old me was the only one they could see. Plus I was aggressive online and no one was interacting with me in person to see the other side of me. 2020 debates pushed me over the edge. An aunt made mention I was invested in too many causes. My attempts and approaches and brutal honesty, not well received. Nobody cared what I had to say.

Prt3 You've Been Warned: (This is not a Religious Debate!) The protests happening in Iran, attacks from their own government and morality police stemming from a young woman not wearing a hijab. I have been in many the debate with angry fems who don't want Christians to tell them how to live their lives. It was quite annoying listening to women complain about oppression and how terrible men are in the United States. (Yes, there are some shady ones and yes there are still problems...) I've had my fair share of crappy ones during my feminist ride. I get it. I tried to get people to realize that the average woman is not getting beaten by morality police for not wearing a head covering. I saw a post from a Catholic mother requesting that young women please not wear yoga pants on college campuses. It was not received well. Things were blown out of proportion. Many ignored the main focus, like many people will probably do here with this. This is not designed to control you, but to protect you, not to be oppressive, but to express love and concern.

Women in "This Country!" can do whatever they want and dress however they want. Ignorant to gendercide in India and China. Ignorant to gang rapes and increased sexual assaults from migrants, Ignorant to stories such as ten year old migrant girl at the US border found with twenty different male samples. Ignorant to Shri Law and morality police.

4th wave fems embracing sex work, embracing porn, pushing women's sexual liberation on young minds, fueling sex and porn addictions. Ignorant to the fact that many serial killers were porn addicts. Ignoring the fact that with more consumption of porn, the content becomes more aggressive and women are more prone to assault and physical attacks.

We see the results of over religious people and how they are oppressive to women. We also see the evils of the world and the recurring theme of violence against women, happening in modern times. The women who are suggesting you dress modest are not trying to control your lives but attempting to protect you from the predators preying on you. Also speaking for the men who don't want to see you as a sex object and who do want you to be respected. It's not about blaming you for what you wear but bringing the realization of the power you actually do have. This is about learning time and place and not allowing these strict laws coming here to oppress you because the violence has gotten so out of control.

Know time and place. Be Respectful of others.

"I don't feel women are equal," Cherry began. "I feel they're above us. And I think they're on a pedestal. And they should not be walking in when naked guys are walking in and you know some guys take advantage of it." -Don Cherry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...