Skip to main content

(Perspective) Biblical: Who Will Sincerely Care?

 Philippians 2:20-21

20 For I have no man likeminded, who will sincerely care for your state.

21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

Philippians 2:19-30 for full Context


Paul is expressing his concern for other believers and their spiritual care. His concern was clear and even noteworthy to write down.


"...Who will sincerely care for your state?" Parents, caregivers, teachers, mentors, pastors, life coaches are generally people who have a concern, a sincere concern about our general well being. To record his thoughts on this spiritual matter so specifically reveals Paul's consistent concern for followers of Christ.


This  s m a l l  detail is often overlooked. Are we, too, just as Concerned as Paul was then? Are we just as concerned for our children, family, peers, church members?


Are you finding the right people who have the mind of Christ to Surround our most vulnerable and impressionable? Are you those people (like Timothy and Epaphroditus) Paul could rely on, or are you the person who only seeks their own?

We are called to be lightbearers. The Olympics have passed. The tradition of carrying a torch and bringing Light to others is nothing new. It is, however, something we've taken for granted.  (Flip a switch and light.)

We also take true God Fearing People for granted as well, replacing them with self seekers. Please read Philippians 2 and be reminded of what we're called to do in order to sincerely care and have the mind of Christ. 


Unity Through Humility

2 Therefore if there is any [a]consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

(Perspective) Biblical: " Jesus And The Departed "

Matthew 18:1-7 . Matthew 19: 13-15 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Who then is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?' Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My Name receives Me." -Matthew 18:1-6 Jump forward to Matthew 19:13-15 . So now little children are brought to Jesus so that He may pray and bless them, but the disciples rebuke the children. Jesus responds, "Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of Heaven. He laid hands on them and departed from there." I appreciate the detail they add of Jesus departng from there after the prayer session. Imagine what He was think...