Skip to main content

(Perspective) Biblical: "...I Don't Rrgret It"

Paul's Writings: "For even if I made you sorry/grieve with my letter, I don't regret it..." 


"But did you die?" kinda feels appropriate. Sometimes hearing the truth is quite painful. Imagine how the messenger feels. The mourning process is painful. 

8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. 11 For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter. 12 Therefore, although I wrote to you, I did not do it for the sake of him who had done the wrong, nor for the sake of him who suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear to you.


These past near two years have been rough on the majority. Writing and expressing Biblical truths, perspectives, and other social media commentary has landed me in blistering hot water, with the ramifications of my writings riddling my life with unexpected surprises. I've been tempted to quote HedonismBot from Futurama "I apologize for nothing." It's highly inaccurate, however, because I'm no longer a heathen (Washed in the blood of Jesus Revelation 1:5, 2 Corinthians 5:17) and I, like Paul, did have some regret. It's not a fun cake walk unearthing painful emotions and working through them as well as unearthing them in others. In the long run, I can say now, I don't regret it. 

I've stated and I'll make this imperative statement again. I'd rather anyone hate me now for speaking up as opposed to living in regret years later wishing someone would have warned them and told them the truth. Like Cain (video game character, not Bible)  in Soul Reaver 2 "Hate me if you must, but do it honestly." Trust and believe, I would not waste precious time if it was not important. 

Specifically speaking about God's  Perfect  Word, His Law,  His Testimony (Psalms 19:7-14) His statutes etc, this is also something I would not waste anyone's time with. I'm no pastor, no expert. Willing to admit mistakes. Presenting to you what is clearly written and directing you to the experts and true source of information, is all I can offer. 

It's written here. Re-Read the verses over. This is a similar sentiment Paul and I share: "Godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted..." 

"For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I don't regret it." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...