Skip to main content

"Make It Safe" Chapter 5 Crucial Conversations Book Discussion Bussiness Tech Talks

Make It Safe how to make it safe to talk about almost anything.

Major Talking Points: 1) Teaching: What it Takes to Restore Safety 2) Apologize When Appropriate 3) CRIB


Segment One: Teaching What It Takes to Restore Safety: 
Step out of the content of the conversation. Start with heart. Confront specific issue. 

Pg 68 "The Best at Dialogue don't play games." no pretending or sugarcoating

-Find Mutual Purpose: Crucial Conversations experience problems when other person feels that you have Melicious or Evil Intent  - Mutual Purpose is when others perceive that we are working toward a common outcome "We believe they care about us." - Find shared goal - both have a good reason - makes for healthy climate for dialogue.
-Mutual purpose is not a technique - we must really care about the interests of others, not just own the purpose has to be truly beautiful

-Mutual respect: there's no reason to have a conversation if you don't have mutual purpose. - Can't stay in conversation without mutual respect. If people perceive disrespect, interaction no longer about the original purpose - it's now about defending dignity

How can you respect a person who appears to be selfishly motivated, perspective: "Help me forgive those who sin differently than I." Ways to respect others mutuality between yourselves

Segment Two: apologize for an appropriate apology statement expresses your sorrow for your role and cousin paler difficulty apology isn't my apology unless you experience a change of heart. Sincere apology your motives have to change a bit of ego by meeting your error. P sacrifice ability go when you give up something you value you were awarded with something even more valuable healthy dialogue and better results
-Contrast to fix misunderstanding address of problems start with a don't statement and then replace it with a do statement

Contrasting is on apologising a wave and sharing what we said didn't hurt me more than it should contrast and provides can't text and proportion and if you're tempted to water down your statement and say it wasn't really that big deal don't do it don't take that what you said just put things in context or prospective

Segment Three: CRIB  Commit to seek mutual purpose - Recognize the purpose behind strategy - Invent A Mutual Purpose - Brainstorm A New Strategy.
-Commit to new strategy: Agree to Agree

Introducing our new website: Yourpresentreality.com
Support: Cash AP 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...