Skip to main content

"I'll Drink To That!" The Juice Lady's Living Foods Revolution by Cherie Calbom


For Our Monday Well Beings Discussion Youtube Podcast


"If You Haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything." -Count Rugen, The Princess Bride 1987

3 Major Talking Points 1 Introduction to The Living Foods Revolution 2 Resources and Experience

Segment One: An Introduction to Cherie Calbom, Author of "The Juice Lady's Living Foods Revolution" - Cherie Calbom shares in her book "The Juice Lady's Living Foods Revolution, eat your way to health, detoxification, and weight loss with delicious juices and raw foods.

Initially Ms. Calbom shared her battle with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, constant never ending flu like symptoms, swollen glands, body aches. During her search no doctors had an answer. In response she went to health stores, read about juicing and consuming whole foods. Within three months of a changed diet with juice she experienced the negative feelings of detox reactions but quickly felt like a complete new person free of the past ailments.
-The Event That Took My Breath Away- While house sitting for a friend a stranger somehow entered the home severely attacking her resulting in a near death experience. She experienced injuries to her head where part of her scalp was torn from head, cracked teeth, finger hanging by the skin, hand split open. After six months of surgery, she was still unable to use her hand. She struggled with insomnia and emotional pain. Additionally, as a child she lost her brother, mother, and was unable to live with her father due to another medical emergency. Cherie lived with her grandparents and was crushed by the death of her grandfather at the age of nine. Eventually she lived with an aunt. Pg 5 "It took every ounce of my will, faith, and trust in God, deep spiritual work, alternative medical help, extra vitamins, vegetable juicing, emotional release, healing prayer and numerous detox programs to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally...Juicing, cleansing, nutritional supplements, a nearly perfect diet, prayer and physical therapy helped my bones and other injuries heal."
-Nine months despite her surgeon saying it was impossible, her hand was healed and fully functioning. Her doctor admitted that he did not believe in miracles but stated, "You're the closest thing I've seen to one." Inner wounds, she goes on to share took the longest to heal. Pg 5 "I experienced healing from the pat through prayer, laying on of hands, and deep emotion healing work." She describes the lady who prayed for her around their kitchen tables as "Kitchen Angels" week after week until her soul was healed.
-Remembering her stay in the hospital during her painful recovery, she asked, Pg 6 "God if He could bring something good out of this horrific situation. I needed something to hang on to. My prayer was answered. Eventually I knew my purpose was to love people to life through my writing and nutritional information to help them find their way to health and healing."

Segment Two: Resources and Experience- Monday Well Being Talks are designed with Ms. Calbom's same mission. Through Mental and Spiritual well being, alongside health and nutrition, it is vital to continue having these conversations in order to help us heal and live healthy long fulfilling lives.
-I am adamant about sharing these stories simply because I have seen miracles happen in others' lives, mine included. Her testimony has helped improve the lives of countless people and I have the same hope and desire
-So far we have gone through the Books: The Body Keeps The Score, Dead Doctors Don't Lie, we're taking a quick break from Prayer Faith and Healing. I have made mention of the book Minding the Body Mending the Mind and will be adding a resource list of many other helpful resources.

*Disclaimer I am not a doctor or any licensed professional. This is all information with the hopes of offering additional support in your healing journey. Please seek out a doctor or mental health professional. My experience stems from years of reading, studying, watching documentaries such as What The Health and Forks Over Knives, work in an environment where I was trained in studying the nutritional benefits of the products I sold, in addition to personal experience and seeing how a changed diet improved my mental and physical health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

(Perspective) Biblical: " Jesus And The Departed "

Matthew 18:1-7 . Matthew 19: 13-15 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Who then is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?' Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My Name receives Me." -Matthew 18:1-6 Jump forward to Matthew 19:13-15 . So now little children are brought to Jesus so that He may pray and bless them, but the disciples rebuke the children. Jesus responds, "Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of Heaven. He laid hands on them and departed from there." I appreciate the detail they add of Jesus departng from there after the prayer session. Imagine what He was think...