Skip to main content

TGJC Podcast and Blog Episode 5 "Monday Health Well Being" Mother and Child Bond

First Aired 25April2022

That Girl Jenna Curacoa Podcast


The Body Keeps The Score Book Discussion: "Mother and Child Bond"

Intro: Hello and hope you're doing well whenever you're hearing this, or reading this. I'm on Anchor FM, Blog Spot, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Facebook

Three Major Talking Points:  1 The Mother Child Bond 2 Why mothers abandon their children 3 School aged children and security of having a parent present at home. 

Segment One:  The Body Keeps the Score quick discussion. Studies find that children who have a close relationship with mother has better coping skills in adulthood. Encourage mothers and society to support family units to ensure future children will be able to handle hardships and trauma later in adulthood.

Segment Two: The difficulty for people in understanding why some mother appears to abandon or check out of their child's life is the inability to really think past the assumption that it's exclusively selfishness. Why does any person opt to remain on drugs as opposed to living in modern society? Oftentimes it's simply a broken heart or spirit, they themselves are handling past abuse, they have been convinced they are unfit and do not have permission to their own children. There are countless other reason, but it is not always as simple as, "They don't love their children." Sometimes the only way to cope is to check out. For the betterment of future children, we need work on sustaining mother child bonds in a healthy way for parent and children.

Segment Three:  Despite the sacrifice and time, a mother, or strong paternal role model's presence is vial for school aged kids . Peace of mind and mental security for the developing mind, again, offers their young impressionable members of society better endurance. There is a difference between being overbearing or a "helicopter" parent. We do want children to endure some hardship's and being able to fend for themselves. Being aware that there is someone if help is needed is what is required as they grow and mature. 

Conclusion: For Monday Well Beings, The Body Keeps The Score touches on the importance of mother child bond, in a safe environment for ability to endure hardships into adulthood. Supporting mothers fathers and being present for our children will help support our future communities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...