Skip to main content

Perspective Biblical: "The Revered Mother Mary"

Read Luke 1:38

Then Mary said ‘Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be according to your word.’ And the angel departed from her.
This is why Mary is revered in such a way, as an example. Many doubters and deniers of the faith have poised the argument that she had no choice. Her response doesn’t reflect that sentiment. In Luke 1:47-49 Mary states that her soul magnifies the Lord and realizes that future generations will call her blest.

Her relative Zacharias doubted his wife’s conception and was made mute until the birth of his son John The Baptist. Mary doesn’t lament, cry or complain. The Lord knew her character. Her attributes remained consistent.

Let’s consider when Jesus went missing for three days and was discovered to be in the temple. This frightening experience probably gave Mary mental preparation for when Christ died on the cross. He rose from the dead three days later. Mary knew early on the trials she’d have. Simeon prophesied over baby Jesus telling her that a sword would pierce her soul. She did not plan for motherhood in this way but accepted it.

Later during Jesus’s earthly ministry, in Matthew 12:48-50 His mother and brothers are trying to speak with Him and His response is that those that kept the Lord’s commandments are His mother, brother and sister. Another incident (Luke 11: 27-28) when a woman in the crowd yells, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!” Jesus responds,
Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!
No mention of Mary. . . but she fits that description of one who keeps the commands,
so perhaps That Was a lowkey shout out to His earthly mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Perspective) Biblical: Freedom In The House Of Mourning

Countless times I've expressed the expansive variety of options we're gifted here on Earth. Why do we limit ourselves to options ABCD, though? We're told we have free will. We're told we can do what we want with our bodies and choose when to have kids  But what does it really look like to have free will? I'll tell you now. Not caring about the options at all. Seeing everything as a gift. Realizing this world was designed to be enjoyed and lived in to the fullest extent possible. Again, why limit ourselves to simple options? Pick whatever car you want (as long as it's the color options they've presented you with.) Eat whatever type of french fry, icecream, or food that is available on the menu list at your favorite restaurant. We have personal preferences and there's nothing wrong with having options and opinions. The question poised here is simple: Are you really free, or just given options?  I was blessed to hear a wonderful sermon that presented this w...

15 December 2021 Dream

Dream last night was trying to meet someone outside to talk in person. Guess I got impatient.  Was outside at night fall. Was able to read street sign that read "Lara". Walked down the road to food joint. Inside I see some small black square shaped folding table, that some well dressed Mexican man was holding up, then allowed to fall and collapse. I was frustrated and annoyed that he left that mess. I attempted to fix the table. He quietly laughed to himself at my struggle.  I start laughinig like him in a mocking way. There were a couple of small stuffed pillows that I tossed to the ground with every laugh walking towards him. He looked at me pissed off and angry. A full cup of Coke in a paper cup with the lid on sat on the table where he stood next to it. He knocked it over and it spilled all over the floor leaving a long trail throughout the entire length of the restaurant. I hopped over it and said, "I'm not cleaning that. Guess everyone will have sticky feet the...

Respect Rules and Regulations

2 Timothy 2:5  "And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules." I find it interesting how mad people can get when a referee makes a bad call during a sporting event. I find it very interesting how angered and outraged a group of peoople will act when they're under the impression their team should have won, and lost due to rules being broken and someone failing to do their job right and make the correct call.  Many of these same people committed to these teams and their strict terms of correctness, also tend to ignore many rules of life.   I won't deny  that many rules are arbitrary, don't make sense and are designed to disenfranchise groups of people. Many are forced on people that deny your right to life.  Combat those things with respect. If it goes against your conscience which is part of you, you have the right to defend yourself. Those who are in power also are expected to lead, following rules wi...